UPDATED: 03/02/05 01:39
getCITED generates a wide variety
of useful and continually updated STATISTICS about activity on the site.
STATISTICS are generated for all PUBLICATION TYPES
(except BOOKSTACKS) and
displayed at the top of publication records.
STATISTICS common to all PUBLICATION TYPES include:
- VIEWERS/VIEWS - the number of different individuals
that have viewed the record, and the total number of views.
- AGORA LINKS- the number of times LINKS
to the publication have been made in COMMENTS
in the onlineAGORA.
- QUALITY – the number and average score of RATINGS
of the perceived quality of the publication.
- INTEREST – the number and average score of RATINGS
of how interesting the publication is perceived to be.
- CITATIONS – the number of other linked publications
that cite the publication. For PARENT PUBLICATIONS, it counts
all CITATIONS for all its linked CHILD PUBLICATIONS.
Other STATISTICS include:
- REFERENCES – the number of other linked publications that a publication cites as a
This is not a STATISTIC for PARENT PUBLICATIONS.
- COMMENTS - STATISTICS for DGROUPS
include the number of COMMENTS
in the DGROUP and the number of replies. The number of
COMMENTS includes the number of replies.
- NUMBER OF LINKED CHILD PUBLICATIONS - STATISTICS for books includes
the number of chapters in the book that are linked in getCITED. Similarly, the number of linked articles is a
statistical category for journals.
Selected STATISTICS for all of getCITED are displayed
in the CONTENTS BOX of the
The REPORTS function (still under
development) will also include selected STATISTICS about activity on the
STATISTICS are updated automatically, although the STATISTICS
of PARENT PUBLICATIONS are not automatically updated when their
CHILD PUBLICATIONS are not rated. Clicking the recalculate link displays the most current